Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunshine of the Family

Hi Everyone

Yes it has been a long month, I have been so busy with family commitments that I have not had a chance to touch base with everyone on my blog.

I was so excited when I saw

because the inspiration was:

Word - SunshineColour - Yellow

I got straight into my craft room and created the beautiful layout below.
But I was not happy with it so put it to one side. 
I had used black cardstock and covered it with clear Gesso - for some reason it did not come out clear as it had brush marks all over the background. 
I then textured the background with Cadence paste - colour Ashy Rose.

I then added the photos of my beautiful grand-daughter playing in a field of beautiful sun flowers. 
As soon as I saw the photos it reminded me of Sunshine and bright colours like Yellow.


I was not happy with the layout and didn't think I should enter it into the More Than Words September Challenge so I put it to one side. 

That was at the beginning of the month
Now at the end of the month I created the following layout.


I was pleasantly surprised when not only had a used photos from the same time my granddaughter was having fun in the Sun Flower field but I had also used the same 49 & Market flowers. 
The difference was I had used the 49 & Market Island Paradise paper - By the Sea
Once again I used clear gesso to coat the background and then after once again using  Cadence paste - colour Ashy Rose. I then sprayed with Lindy's Starburst Sprays - Cape Cod Coral

Both of these layouts remind me of how the beautiful grand daughter is the 
Sunshine of the Family 

I do hope you all enjoy the layouts and don't forget to go and look at all the other beautiful layouts at the More Than Words September Challenge 





3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! What beautiful photos too. Thanks for joining us at MoreThan Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful layouts! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete