Wednesday, June 17, 2020

What I Love About My Home

Hi 

I have had great fun making this canvas showcasing the little door.  The story about the door relates back to when my daughter and I were walking down one of the alley ways in Brisbane and my daughter pointed out the door designed for the little fairies who live in the city.   The saying I have put on the canvas - "What I Love Most About My House, Is Who I Share It With"  I love that no matter the size or where the door is - you are always welcomed at the door with a big Hello. 


When starting the canvas I had an idea of how I wanted the layout but couldn't decide on the background until I saw my Stamperia Crackle Paste and used this to give the background a good base.  
From this point the canvas just flowed. 

I do hope you all like the canvas and find some inspiration from it. 


Materials I used were: 

49&Market paper for the background behind the picture
49&Market Flowers - Wildflowers Cream
Starburst - Clam Bake Beige
Starburst - Sassy Sapphire
Starburst - Ramblin' Rose Pink
Magical - Lucky Shamrock Green
Tim Holtz Distress Glaze - Walnut Stain

Chipboard - my son cut for me on his Laser Cutter
Cork for behind the picture
Twine to run under the picture








The Following are the challenges I will be entering this month - please hope over to each of them and look at all the wonderful creations in each one.  
More Than Words Challenge

Lindys Gang Colour Challenge

A Vintage Journey - A Rustic Charm


19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the crackle finish. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your background crackle looks fantastic. Thank you for joining us in the More Than Words challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, I love using crackle and trying new ways

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the story about the door! You have done an amazing job with the crackle background. I love how you have tied the door together with all the beautiful elements and the cute little dog. Great work! Thank you for sharing it with us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda - I loved putting this together.

      Delete
  4. Nice!! specialy the background! Thanks for playing along with MTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous Glenda! I love your crackle paste nad the tiny door os gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather - it was fun putting this together.

      Delete
  6. the tiny fairy door in the city is awesome! Love how you interpreted the challenge Glenda. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words - Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle - it was fun to find the little fairy door in the middle of a large city

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous canvas!! Ilove all the background with those beautiful colors, and the dog is so funny! Thank you for joining us at MTW! xoxo Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous make with so many wonderful elements, all coming together beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing it with us for the Rustic Charm challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful make! The crackle background looks amazing and you created so much detail, Everytime I look at it I see something new - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful piece of art, I really love your background work!! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it thanks for joining with us

    ReplyDelete