Friday, February 23, 2018

Violin

For a long long time I wanted to decorate a Violin, I looked on the internet for a second hand violin thinking I would paint and decorate it.  But the only violins I could find were to big and lets be honest a little expensive to use for what I wanted. 
Then one day I struck it lucky - I found a template to make my own.

I made the violin out of card stock and chipboard and then covered it all with pages from an old book I had purchased at the Lifeline Book Fair last year. 
The best part of the project was the fun part of decorating it with lots of flowers, metal and wooden embellishments, ribbons and die cuts. 
I had fun making this and it now takes pride and place in my display cabinet. 












1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your handmade violin is just STUNNING! What an amazing feat to construct this, but then the way you decorated it is AMAZING! My Mom's big into violin's, and I would love to make one for her. Sadly, mine would never look as beautiful as yours! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete