Monday, October 7, 2019

The many costumes of Venice

Hi Everyone

When I so exciting when I saw saw the More than Words Challenge for October as the word challenge was Costume and I immediate remembered the time my husband and I spend in Venice.

I enjoyed making this layout as it bought back beautiful memories of our holiday and time in Europe


My layout was inspired by the beautiful time we had exploring the little lanes throughout Venice including the one where our hotel was - it took us three attempts to find the lane as it was tucked between two shops and certainly did not look like an area where we would have normally venture.  However, once we ventured down the lane we found our beautiful hotel which was full of friendly helpful people.

The layout was done on a piece of black card stock on which I used a stencil and Candince  Diamond Pearl Paste to put a little bit of dimension over it.  I then splashed some Perfect Pearls Mists - Sunflower Sparkle around the area where I knew the photo would go and then lightly sprayed some delusions Shimmer spray (white linen) over the area. I did not want to much over the black background as I wanted the background to be the striking contrast to the golds I was using. 

I used photos of from the Caranval Venice which is held every February - one more thing for the bucket list. 

While I was making the frill on the side little specks of gold dropped off and went all over the card.




I do hope you like this page and if you want to see more beautiful pages please jump over to More than Words Challenge.




6 comments:

  1. This is awesome Glenda! What a striking page! Thanks so much for joining us this month at More Than Words ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Layout! Awesome take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenda, you created such an elegant layout!! With stunning gold layering behind the photos.Have a lovely day. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally Gorgeous creation! ♥
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful and elelgant layout. Thank you so much for joining us in the MOre Than Word Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant work, absolutely perfect.
    Thanks for playing along with us at More than Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete