Sunday, September 22, 2019

Remember the Journey

Hi Everyone
I have finally found my mo-jo after taking a little time off.  Over the last few months I have had a number of good and no so good things happen and the only way I felt that I could get through it all was to move myself away from my Scrapbooking. 
Yesterday was the turning point in getting myself into a position to move forward and I would like to thank Tina Ollett, the wonderful designer from 49&Market for her kind and welcoming words.
Today I spent time in my craft room creating this piece for the More Than Words September Challenge - Origins and Country Colours. 



My Origin is New Zealand and the layout I have done represents the national colours of Black and Silver with a touch of Red for representing the native tree the Pohutukawa. 

 I have been thinking about this layout from the beginning of the month when the MTW Challenge was announced.  I knew what I wanted to do but was having trouble putting it together.  I started by trying to use plain black and white paper with the shape of New Zealand up the middle with black on one side and white on the other - but it just didn't seem to work well.  As soon as I got out mu 49&Market paper - Captured Adventures - The Journey it all just started to fall into place. 

I used Prima Marketing Stone Effect Paste - Limestone in the stencil and then splattered Linday Gang Spray (Bombshell Black) over the page and then splattered paste over the top.  When the paste had partly dried I rubbed foil over the top - it bought up little silver spots all over the page - and was very effective. 







The layout represents my Origin - the country where I was born, grew up where I met my husband and had three beautiful children - New Zealand.    I am proud of my heritage and all that I learnt while growing up in such a beautiful country and strongly believe it is important to 'Remember the Journey'.  The family migrated to Australia while the children were very young and if you look carefully you may find a Kookaburra hiding in the page which represents our life in Australia.  



Produce List

49&Market - Captured Adventures - The Journey
Prima Marekting - Stone Effect Paste - Limestone
49&Market - Rustic Collection - Burlap Trim
Little Birdie - Chipboard - Honeycomb
Prima Marketing - Mini Art Stones





11 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous layout -beautiful pics and texture -brilliant you should be proud of your origins and roots.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful comments - the page was a joy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is amazing! I love your use of the black and silver! I know what you mean about having an idea and it doesn't seem to work then you fiddle with the pices and it suddenly falls into place. Thanks for joining us at More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous layout.
    Love the use of colors in the background and the picture is lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glenda What a beautiful layout, love the layering & background details. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words & good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Auch a fantastic take on the Challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words & good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! And really brave color combo with pictures of a baby, but it works!
    Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete