Sunday, March 18, 2018

Wedding Day

As a little girl growing up I always loved this photo of my Mother on her wedding day. 
She was married in the 1940's just after the War and it just shows how beautiful she is. 
 I used the new Couture Creations C'est La Vie paper as a background.  I then used a stencil to enhance the background with modelling paste and stamps.  The page was then finished off with beautiful white lace, a different selection of flowers and some die cut leaves.  Up in the corner is a Dusty Attic chipboard which I coloured using embossing powder and decorated with a foam rose.








3 comments:

  1. Every single detail on this layout is just STUNNING! I love your subtle stenciled text in the background, the torn layered papers at the bottom that look like layers of old wallpaper. The white space at the bottom perfectly balances the dark background of that lovely photo of your Mom on her wedding day! Gorgeous laces and flowers finish off this EXCELLENT vignette! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely treasure with us at A Vintage Journey! I'm assuming your treasure is your Mom's photo? Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara - I enjoyed making this layout especially since it was a memorial to my beautiful mother.

      Delete
  2. This is such a stunning make and I just love the papers and embellishments around your beautiful photograph. A true treasure. Great to have you on board with us at A Vintage Journey this month

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete