Sunday, April 14, 2019

Red Lips

Red Lips

When creating a page sometimes the photo just talks to you - this is what happened in this case,

I just loved the photo but realised that it needed something to make it pop. So in Photoshop I changed the lovely ladies lips to RED which certainly did the trick. 
Then I had to work out how to complement the picture with the background and flowers. 
First, using modelling paste I stencilled on writing - in line with the era of the photo.  The hardest part, and it did take some thinking about, it was the stamping around the background.  What stamps would best highlight the photo.  Lucky for me my good friend Dina was on hand with her trusty bible wrap which I used in both black and red to stamp around the back. 
The rest of the background is made up of lace, feathers, pearls, tulle and some die-cuts.  
Although the layout took me almost two days to put together I think the outcome was talks for itself, a beautiful, stylish and elegant backdrop for a beautiful photo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment