Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Butterfly Flowers

This is just a little something I put together the other weekend.  I had this square bottle Kindly given to me by my husband after he had finished all the wonderful liquid in the bottle.  

I decided I needed a vase in my room where all the butterflies could land and help with the decoration - well ok so they are paper butterflies but its nice to have a little imagination. 

I first covered the bottle with Gesso and then covered with Prima Marketing - Finnabair Art Extravagance Concrete Effect. 

Once this was dry, I painted it with a light pink paint.  I actually had to put two coats of paint over the bottle. 
After this was dry layered flowers up the side the bottle/vase.  But then I realised it actually needed some flowers or something else to sit in the bottle. 
I first tried to just put paper butterflies on florist wire but it didn't sit right, it was not strong enough to sit upright.  So after a visit to the local $2 shop I came home with these lovely branches where I glued butterflies all over it and also threaded some clear and pink beads to cotton and tied to the twigs. 

I used some old flowers I already had but also die cut some leaves to put around the flowers.  I also tied a bow near the bottom of the flowers.  The flowers are all down one side of the bottle, over the top and part way down the back.

It was just a little bit of fun and I hope you all like it.















No comments:

Post a Comment